Affordable face care, hair care, body care and sun care for everyone.
Are you a fan of colourful products? Love Korean fashion, drama and music? Do you take care of yourself with beauty products? A new, interesting series of face, hair, body and sun care has landed at our nearest pharmacy and they’ve combined the things you love. If you’ve been to Guardian pharmacy recently, you must have noticed a display of pretty, colourful facial cleansers, body gels and sun protection products —Lip Hop, exclusively at Guardian pharmacies.
Guardian has launched additional collections to the Lip Hop items that it has introduced in late 2015. The response has been amazingly positive for a line of dermatologically-tested sun care that comes with proven benefits and fun, colourful packaging. Yes, they’ve listened to customers and brought in more products made in Korea with 3 Lip Hop range early this year: Lip Hop Sun Care, Lip Hop Happy Cleanse and Lip Hop Aqua Jelly. It’s a complete head-to-toe range at an affordable price range, making it easy for all of us to take care of our hair, body, face and even lips (will tell you more about that later).
The facial cleansers, youthfully named k:skin HAPPY CLEANSE, effectively cleanse the face without drying the skin. There are 5 different variants, each specifically made for a skin concern:
1. Moisturising Manuka Honey Cleansing Gel – cleansing, moisturising, brightening, anti-aging
2. Ultra-Soothing Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel – cleansing, soothing, hydrating, calming
3. Antioxidant Green Tea Foam Cleanser – cleansing, anti-aging, soothing
4. Sebum-Control Amazon Clay Foam Cleanser – cleansing, oil-control, soothing
5. Deep-Cleansing Bamboo Charcoal Foam Cleanser – deep cleansing, oil-control, moisturising
Price: RM12.90 each, all 100ml
Made in Korea, dermatologically tested and proven
These cleansers are amazing. My favorite was the Moisturising Manuka Honey Cleansing Gel. I love honey and this cleansing gel looks exactly like honey. The color and viscosity of the gel itself looks edible, tempting to taste! The scent has a mild, sweet honey aroma and leaves a lovely sensation on the face after use. My skin feels clean, smooth yet moisturised after washing.
If your skin is acne-prone due to excess oil, you can try the Sebum-Control Amazon Clay Foam Cleanser. If you’re like me who has big pores, you can use the Deep-Cleansing Bamboo Charcoal. I alternate this with my Manuka Honey Cleanser.
After cleansing, it is very important that we moisturise our face and body. The Lip Hop AQUA JELLY range includes 8-in-1 multi-purpose products with 4 variants:
1. Lip Hop Aloe Moist Aqua Jelly Face & Body Gel
2. Lip Hop Bamboo Soothe Aqua Jelly Face & Body Gel
3. Lip Hop Ice Plant Water Cool Aqua Jelly Face & Body Gel
4. Lip Hop Dragon Blood Fresh Aqua Jelly Face & Body Gel
Price: RM19.90 each, all 250ml
Made in Korea, dermatologically tested and proven
I mentioned 8-in-1, didn’t I? And I also did mention that Lip Hop also makes it easy for us to take care of our lips? Here are the great uses of Lip Hop Aqua Jelly:
1. Moisturising gel or mask pack for dry facial skin.
2. Make-up base for a luminous face.
3. Acts as an after-shave gel for your face, legs and underarms to soothe and moisturise sensitive skin.
4. Suitable to be used as hair treatment without any stickiness.
5. Acts as a mask pack to rehydrate skin after sun exposure.
6. Keeps your nails moisturised and nourished.
7. All-over moisturiser that is ideal for those working in air-conditioned environment. Lip Hop Aqua Jelly even relaxes area around your eyes by applying it with a piece of cotton.
8. Acts as a lip moisturiser to sooth and chapped lips.
I enjoyed using the Ice Plant Water Cool. It’s perfect during this hot weather. Do you sometimes feel that body lotion gives you a sticky sensation especially after bathing on a warm day? The good thing about these body gels is that they have water-based formulation instead of oils, making the texture light and cooling during hot weather.
The gel is highly water-like, as you can see on my palm (I had a tough time shooting that moving blob of gel, haha), and also has water-like color. The scent of each gel is very mild. Because these gels are multi-purpose, they’re perfect to travel with! This head-to-toe gel can be used on the hair, the face, lips, eyes and entire body. I even use it on my son’s hair in the morning before school to control his “bedhead hair” as alternative to normal gel or hair oil. Oil can get sticky during the day.
I’m a big fan of sun care products and I’m pleased to try Lip Hop’s SUN CARE range. The range includes 4 variants:
1. Ultra Whitening Sun Protection Lotion SPF80 PA+++ RM34.90 / 100ml
2. Super Defence EX Sun Protection Milk SPF115 PA+++ RM36.90 / 50ml
3. Moisturising Lightweight Sun Protection Spray SPF50 PA+++ RM35.90 / 150ml
4. Kids Hypoallergenic Sun Protection Lotion SPF50 PA+++ RM34.90 / 100ml
All made in Korea except the Lightweight Sun Protection Spray, which is made in Japan
I love spray products because these save time and I’m enjoying the Sun Spray SPF50, which comes in a canister of my favorite color, purple. Just spray it lightly over my arms and legs, and I’m ready! It can also be used on the face but not directly sprayed; spray onto the palm first then apply on the face.
And thank goodness for having a Kids’ variant, too. I’m pleased that Lip Hop recognises the need for children to be “sun-proofed” as well, not just grown-ups. My son loves playing outside and I’m very cautious about his protection against the sun (and mosquitoes, arghhh, those pesky, little things). The Lip Hop Kids Sun Protection Lotion:
– is hypoallergenic, means it’s safe to use on sensitive skin
– can be applied on the face and body
– contains natural ingredients that soothe kids’ skin after sun exposure
– is water-resistant for 40 minutes, making it great for use during prolonged water and outdoor activities
– is free from parabens, artificial colorant, alcohol and mineral oil
– can be reapplied as needed, after swimming, frequent perspiring, towelling
My son loves to cycle and was excited to try a cycling range by Urban Playz at Ikano Power Centre, next to The Curve shopping mall. This place is outdoor and enjoyed by a lot of kids, especially during the weekends. An activity like this definitely needs sun protection and I’m not one who’d simply allow my child to be exposed to sunlight and UV rays without shield. I allowed him to cycle for 30 minutes, armed with Lip Hop Kids Sun Protection Lotion.
Now it’s even easier and more affordable to pamper ourselves, our entire family and the kids with Lip Hop’s head-to-toe care. Lip Hop’s Happy Cleanse, Aqua Jelly and Sun Protection products are conveniently available at Guardian pharmacies, in price range of RM12.90 – RM36.90. You can even check out Lip Hop’s site at http://www.liphop.com.my/ and even purchase online via Guardian’s e-shop.